Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Missing sleep, potty succes, and an award!

The kids have been waking up way too early lately. Like in the 6 o'clock hour. And as much as I want to blame my husband for making too much noise in the mornings, well maybe it all can't be his fault. Right? (or can it?) I can't make the kids lay back down.I tell them to go back to their rooms, get back into bed. And sleep. Now! Please. Pleeaasse??

No. They pile into my bed. Because after all, I am the mommy. And mommies ROCK. We rule the world. And make pancakes too. And there is no better thing on earth than to climb into a warm bed with mommy. The kids creep in. Quiet at first, then they start looking at each other. And then they hold hands. A patty cake game of sorts begins. I wonder to myself, could they entertain themselves this way for another hour while I slept? Quietly? The answer is a resounding NO. What a ridiculous thought. Out of nowhere, laughter ensues. They begin jumping on the bed. Jumping at each other, away from each other. Over me, to the other side of the bed. All the while laughing wildly at the sheer fun of it. Can't. Sleep. Through. The. Noise. I certainly cannot sleep through the little people trodding all over me. Ugh.

Morning time. It's starting way too early. So I get up. The day starts. When it used to be later. But on a positive note, my little girl is making HUGE strides on the potty. I've been putting training underwear on her for the past several days. There have been many puddles to clean up. Then yesterday, I think something clicked for her. She didn't have one single accident. She peed in the baby toilet 7 times. She told me each of the times before she actually had to go. Oh it was a proud day for us. And there was much rejoicing.

Today she is back in her training pants, and I'm hoping we can catch a #2 with as much success as yesterday. Hoping. Please dear Lord, let me have one child who is easy. Please?

On another happy note, I have received another blog award! I am surpsrised and honored to be thought of at all. I received it from Dawn over at Dawn's Place. Thank you so much!


Of course you should know how this works now. You get an award, you pass it along, there are rules and such:


Here they are...
Mention the blog that gave it to you and comment on their blog to let them know you've posted your award. Publish these rules. Share 6 values that are important to you and 6 things you do not support. That sounds easy enough.

So here are 6 things I value.

1. My family.

2. My health.

3. The health of my children and family members too.

4. The fact that I even exist at all. I thank God and my mom for that.

5. My maid. Honestly, she is a lifesaver.

6. Every single blessing that comes my way.

Now for 6 things I do not support.

1. Barack Obama.

2. Foul mouths in ear shot of kids.

3. Rude and inconsiderate people.

4. People who litter.

5. My dh's irrationally long showers.

6. Other people eating my chocolate.

Now that was fun, and relatively painless. And since it has taken me nearly an hour and a half to compose this blog post, I'm only naming 3 people to share this award with. (I've had a small child clinging to my back, one that unraveled the toilet paper in the bathroom, and one that missed the toilet and peed on the floor.) So you'll have to forgive me. One day, I just might actually follow the rules. One day. ;)

1. Mrs. Newlywed over at The Misadventures of a Newlywed.

2. Casey over at The Ever-Changing Life of a Military Wife.

3. Lizzy over at The Journey to the Hot Tub.

post signature

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

You are TOO sweet :)

I adore your kids. Seriously. I have considered stealing that little girl of yours...

Anonymous said...

Hooray for potty success!

Hooray for what sounds like a positively delightful life...:)

Unknown said...

Congrats on your award!

=

Dawn said...

I'm glad you liked the award!! I love reading your blog! I hope the kids will sleep a little later! I used to tell my kids not to get out of bed until they could see daylight outside!!! My grandsons incredibly will sleep until 9 or 10! Yay for the potty training!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Ahhh...I see where you went wrong. You STARTED making pancakes. Only offer healthy cereal - and they'll either fend for themselves or choose someone else for breakfast making :-)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your Award!
YAY for awards!

I love our little peoples!!!
and
I love love love love the quotes of the day!! ROFL

Miss all of yall!

Your Sister

Unknown said...

Love your #1 on things you don't support...and your good luck (so far) on the adventures of dealing with that other #1!

Susan said...

Congrats on the award!

Big yeah for potty success! I hope she will cooperate and be easy.

As far as the early mornings, I swear by white noise machines. I have them in both my kids' rooms. It is the best money I have ever spent. Here is a link for the ones I have, which based on reviews are the best ones for long term use.

http://www.amazon.com/Marpac-SleepMate-Electro-Mechanical-Sound-Conditioner/dp/B000KUHFGM/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1222308893&sr=8-3

"The Queen in Residence" said...

Your title alone is hillarious.

Thank you for coming over from BATW. What a fun surprise.

I loved your list of things valued and as I was reading thought about all the things that we enjoy everyday. Thanks for that.

Good luck with potty training. :>