I spent some time outdoors this afternoon with the kiddos. Unfortunately there is no pleasing them both. We ended up back here for a late nap. And by that, I don't mean me.
Today I've been honored with the Smile Award from Tammy. I have to laugh, not smile when I read that she has given this to me. Although a Valium is more of what I do need, I will graciously accept this sweet token! Thank you! I am now under the impression that I am to pass on these awards as well, so please be patient with me through this process.
Now on to the random things you didn't know about me.
1. I have been watching Days of Our Lives for 23 years. Not consecutively, not religiously. But enough to be a DOOL junkie. I know all the main characters, how many times they have died (and un-died) and all the silly things that go along with it. I haven't watched it since I've been in Chile. And I miss it.
2. The smallest bone in the human body. Does anyone know what it is? I had mine surgically removed. And then felt the after affects for a month.
3. Procrastination is my middle name. OK, that's a total lie. But it should be. I can totally put off doing anything for any reason whatsoever. Not a lovely trait, but mine nonetheless.
4. I have 3 scars on the back of my left thigh from hopping a fence and landing in a prickly bush (I was 13). One scar on my right elbow from crashing my bike when I was 7. And a fine scar on my lower lip from taking a nasty spill in the tub. All of these involved large amounts of sanguinous drainage.
5. I am terrified of heights. It came on pretty sudden. When I went to Adventure Island in Tampa, FL. as I was climbing up the stairs to go down a water slide I was scared out of my wits. I had never been scared of heights before, it just happened. I was also scared beyond reason as I was climbing flights of stairs inside of the statue of liberty. It doesn't scare me to fly, or to be in a tall building. But if I get too close to the edge (like on a balcony), I feel sick.
6. I have had too many jobs to count. Here are a few: license plate maker, stock girl (Publix), head cashier, Barnes n noble bookseller, licensed Realtor, Dillards salesperson, shot girl @ the Roundup, Chili's hostess, flight attendant, Hooters girl, and leasing consultant at an apartment complex.
7. I love giraffes. I once owned and wore (repeatedly) a hideous pair of giraffe shoes. I thought they were cute. I still remember them. Pointy toes, beige. Flats. They had a giraffe head and neck on each of the outer sides of the shoes. I can still see them now. Not so cute. Maybe if I were 2. But I wasn't. I was 22.
I don't plan on tagging anyone to do this meme. But if you would like to participate, please go right on ahead and knock yourself out. Cheers!