Saturday, September 27, 2008

How do they do that?

Last night after dinner our children were playing. Playing, running, laughing and of course there was the occasional disagreement mixed in. Things were running smoothly. I haven't had to use a diaper, except for bed & nap times. I officially ran out of pull ups yesterday. But I already ordered some from Amazon.com. They're on the way.

Anyway, like I said in a previous post, my daughter took it upon herself to sit on the potty and poop. All by herself. Without coaxing, without bribery. She just did it.

So as my dh and I were sitting at the table in the kitchen, Alexa walks over to us. She flashes us a very large and somewhat proud smile. She then states, "I did it mommy. I did a-poop." We quickly jump up to go see. Upon arrival to the room, we find that the baby toilet was empty. Dh and I exchange curious glances, and then I looked at Alexa. She says, "I pud-it-inna- toy-yet!" We can hear the water filling the bowl as if it had just been flushed. We ran in to see. Nothing.

Aaah... but how can we be sure? Maybe it was a little one? I drug her to the bathroom to clean her up. Still, not much evidence. Did she really do it? It did kind of smell. Ugh. I wanted to know for sure. So I asked again. "Did you do pee-pee?" She was clear. "Noooo! It is a poop." Ok. So there you have it. She pooped. I want to be very excited, but I just can't be. Without knowing for sure.

So I go back to the kitchen to wash the dishes. Dh stays in our bedroom with the kids. As I was getting the soapy water to just the right temperature, dh yells. "Uuuuhhh. Moooommmy???" Oh Lord. This doesn't even sound good. I thought to myself. "What." I grumble. "There's poop on our bed." Really. That's fantastic. Honestly. Fantastic for two reasons. One. Because, although there is poop on our bed, and I am not even in the room, when I arrive in the room, it will still be there waiting for me to clean it. I know this. Two. Because Eddie is wearing long pants, it it highly unlikely that it came from him. Alexa was only wearing a sweatshirt and training undies. So what I want to know now is, how in the heck did this happen?

Did she fling it? Did she sit on the bed first when she realized that she had to go, and when she got off the bed, it fell out? Ugh. So. Of course I went to inspect, remove and clean. That's my job. Sure enough. The child pooped. Maybe she got most of it in the toilet. And one little piece on my bed. That's good. Right? Most of it in the toilet? By herself? Yeah. I'm happy. At least I didn't sit in it. That's a good thing right there. Bad thing? That's my brand new duvet cover. Oh well. I'm looking at the big picture.

It screams, No more diapers!

post signature

12 comments:

Mama Smurf said...

Thank you for reminding me why I do NOT need another child. I have absolutely no desire to go through another potty training again. I'm feel'n for ya dawg....

But yeay for you for being almost there!

Stephanie said...

That is an oddly cute story...even though I feel like it shouldn't be...

Anonymous said...

The audience is feeling strange with the potty stories but all can identify with it....my own potty stories ended about 29 years ago.
All extremely cute also. My kids liked to decorate the walls with artistic drawings.

Dawn said...

Alexa is at least getting the idea of what it's all about! Keep up the good work!

Laural Out Loud said...

Yay for the pooping breakthrough, even if it was on your duvet! And yay for no more diapers!

We had a missing poop incident. the butt crack evidence was there, but the log was not. We never did find it.

Unknown said...

Yay Alexa! No More diapers!!

I am happy for you! I know that you must be jumping for joy right now! :)

Love ya!
Caitlin

Shannon said...

LOL!

LOVE where you said "Because, although there is poop on our bed, and I am not even in the room, when I arrive in the room, it will still be there waiting for me to clean it"


But, on the bright side... no more diapers! Woo hoo!

Susan said...

Glad you found the poop before more of a disaster. Sounds like Alexa is finally getting it!
Someday our lives will not revolve around bodily fluids and poop!

Maude Lynn said...

Oh, this made me laugh! Because, yes, it will still be there waiting when you get there!

Merrie said...

Potty training -- THERE is a test in real patience. I look forward to the day you can be completely diaper free!

Whitney said...

Cute kids you have there! And what a cute site! Glad I stopped by!

Anonymous said...

Ok...after I stopped giggling.....I say EEEEK!