Tuesday, July 29, 2008

7 things about me...

I spent some time outdoors this afternoon with the kiddos. Unfortunately there is no pleasing them both. We ended up back here for a late nap. And by that, I don't mean me.

Today I've been honored with the Smile Award from Tammy. I have to laugh, not smile when I read that she has given this to me. Although a Valium is more of what I do need, I will graciously accept this sweet token! Thank you! I am now under the impression that I am to pass on these awards as well, so please be patient with me through this process.

Now on to the random things you didn't know about me.

1. I have been watching Days of Our Lives for 23 years. Not consecutively, not religiously. But enough to be a DOOL junkie. I know all the main characters, how many times they have died (and un-died) and all the silly things that go along with it. I haven't watched it since I've been in Chile. And I miss it.

2. The smallest bone in the human body. Does anyone know what it is? I had mine surgically removed. And then felt the after affects for a month.

3. Procrastination is my middle name. OK, that's a total lie. But it should be. I can totally put off doing anything for any reason whatsoever. Not a lovely trait, but mine nonetheless.

4. I have 3 scars on the back of my left thigh from hopping a fence and landing in a prickly bush (I was 13). One scar on my right elbow from crashing my bike when I was 7. And a fine scar on my lower lip from taking a nasty spill in the tub. All of these involved large amounts of sanguinous drainage.

5. I am terrified of heights. It came on pretty sudden. When I went to Adventure Island in Tampa, FL. as I was climbing up the stairs to go down a water slide I was scared out of my wits. I had never been scared of heights before, it just happened. I was also scared beyond reason as I was climbing flights of stairs inside of the statue of liberty. It doesn't scare me to fly, or to be in a tall building. But if I get too close to the edge (like on a balcony), I feel sick.

6. I have had too many jobs to count. Here are a few: license plate maker, stock girl (Publix), head cashier, Barnes n noble bookseller, licensed Realtor, Dillards salesperson, shot girl @ the Roundup, Chili's hostess, flight attendant, Hooters girl, and leasing consultant at an apartment complex.

7. I love giraffes. I once owned and wore (repeatedly) a hideous pair of giraffe shoes. I thought they were cute. I still remember them. Pointy toes, beige. Flats. They had a giraffe head and neck on each of the outer sides of the shoes. I can still see them now. Not so cute. Maybe if I were 2. But I wasn't. I was 22.

I don't plan on tagging anyone to do this meme. But if you would like to participate, please go right on ahead and knock yourself out. Cheers!

post signature

8 comments:

Susan said...

Congrats on your award!
As far as the smallest bone...isn't it in the ear...don't know the name...did it make you dizzy and nauseous?
Very interesting facts list!

Anonymous said...

Some of those make me think you're my long lost twin!

1. DOOL Junkie's Unite! Here's something that might help you if you didn't have it already, get your fix (http://www.daysofourlives.com/updates/index.html)

2. I have no idea! But I'm sure I still have mine.

3. Procrastination, it's a very fine art, one that I have managed to excel in!

4. Scars not so much as age spots now...what is with this, when did I wake up old?

5. Heights make me sick too...and I got the all of a sudden "the sight of BLOOD makes me sick" thing now too, and I can't pin-point its cause.

6. Hooters girl? No, but I so wish! I loved waiting tables and I also had some nice cleavage back then I could have shown off. Sadly, we just got our Hooters (in our dinky town) about 4 years ago, and if I was going to do it, it would have had to been 20 years ago.

7. Giraffes? How bout lighthouses? I had to finally go to therapy to get rid of that addiction...no not really, but if I could wear it, I used to (and I did not look 2, 22, how about 72...LOL Grandma? I don't think so!

Sorry for the commentary, just funny that we all have our "oddities". I'm glad you've shared yours. I need to re-post a few of mine just for fun!

Anonymous said...

How fun!!!
Did Eddie clean up and then go to breakfast???

LOL

Little man!
I wan some noo dahs!!!

xoxoxoxox
~me

Mama Smurf said...

OOOO OOOO! I know...the ear ossicles. Why did you have it removed?

I used to be a DOOL junkie too. I'm over it now.

I am SO jealous that you are hooter girl material. Seriously. I'm pretty sure that if I ever walked into that joint to apply for a job they'd stare and laugh at me.

Sybila said...

Hey--you forgot your NURSE job, after all you are a graduate nurse.
Must have slipped your mind with all the kiddoes jumping around all the time.
Love;
Mom in Tucson, Az

Leslie said...

Susan, You were right on the money! Yes. It is one of the bones in the ear. It's called the Stapes. And yes, I was completely dizzy for a month. It was hard to turn my head, or even turn over in bed for that matter.

Tammy, I had it removed due to "otosclerosis". And becuase of this, my stapes bone was rendered somewhat useless. I had it removed. And I also hear much better as a bonus. In case you were wondering, yes it is often bilateral. I should have the other one removed, but I have kids now. And before I didn't. So who knows if I will ever get it done.

Leslie said...

ummm. Thanks Mom. Totally outed me on that one. No. I didn't forget. But yes, my kids have fried my brain. I officially have mommy brain.

Anonymous said...

Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on the well deserved award!!!!! :)

I'm a Y&R junkie myself...I USED to watch DOOL, but that was many many moons ago.....