This morning I was tagged to do another "about me" meme. Of course I'm going to participate, it gets me out of having to come up with something to write about today. So thanks to my friend Stephanie! She's the author over at Serenity Now! Serenity Now! I have done one like this before, so I'm posting it here, in case you want to take a peek. Other things about me.
1. I hate onions. Pretty much with a passion. I've always hated them. Can't stand the way they smell (raw that is). And I can taste them in A.N.Y.T.H.I.N.G. (raw that is). So hold the onions on the burger or in anything that someone might want to toss a raw onion onto. Notice I said raw a lot? Well, that's because I can cook with them. Yes, that's right folks. Even though I have a maid right now, and she does most of the cooking. I have been known to dabble in the kitchen. And when cooking, yes, I use onions. But they must be finely chopped. I love the way they smell when they are cooking. (not raw) And I can eat them in food. As long as they are small. If they are too big. Even cooked, I will still pull them out of my food. Ask my mom. She'll tell you it's true.
2. Weird new habit of mine. I grow my nails out pretty long. Once they are too long, I bite them all off. I don't like this habit. I don't like my short nails after I've bitten them all off. And I never bite them in public. Just at home. I think I might seriously try to start clipping my nails when they get too long. As in, DUH. Why didn't I do that in the first place? I don't know. I have moments of sheer brilliance sometimes. Which then leads me to the next one...
3. I do wash my hands before I stick them into my mouth. I'm not a huge germophobe. But I am acutely aware of all of the nasty things out there. And I like to be as clean as possible. I wasn't always that way. I think it changed, oh around the time that I took microbiology and then spent many hours working in the hospital. Kind of puts a new outlook on being clean. And watching where you put your stuff. Hands included.
4. I have always had bangs. That may not be cool, but they are like my safety feature. I don't know if I could operate normally without them. I've had long bangs, to the point where it didn't look so much like bangs. But still bangs, nonetheless.
5. I am considering having plastic surgery. I haven't looked into the prices here in South America, but I know that my mother-in-law came here for a procedure and spent considerably less.
6. I have not driven (a car or any other motor vehicle) since June 14. The day we left the US. Feels kind of weird. And although our vehicle arrived by ship on or about August 22. It has still not officially been released to us. It's just sitting in the parking lot at the embassy. Nice. But on a good note, we have not paid car insurance or had to buy gas in that time either.
That covers it for my 6. If you would like to play along, tag yourself and then leave me a comment. I'd love to learn more about you too!
Off to get some ice. Alexa just bit Eddie. Never a dull moment around here!