Saturday, January 31, 2009

First movie.

I don't remember my first movie, and there must not have been anything outstanding about it, because I have never heard any stories from my parents about it. My brother however, was very alert during his first movie. He saw "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory." He stared at the movie screen for the entire length of the show. And he was only 3 months old. My parents obviously talked about this quite a bit.

For Eddie's first movie, I took him to see Shrek 3. He adores Shrek and I figured that he would sit still and not bother the other patrons. Well, we chose to go on a Saturday. And this being within a couple of days of the movies release date, the theater was packed.

I bought Eddie a bag of m & m's and we quickly went in and found a seat. I've never seen a children's movie that packed before. Shrek 3 was playing in 2 theaters. This turned out to be a very good thing. Well, I'm not sure if Eddie was getting sick, or getting over being sick. But he had a little cough. He ate some candy, and then he began to cough. Eddie has a very strong gag reflex. Well, when he coughed, he actually made that signature sound he makes right before he throws up. It gave me just enough time to get him off of my lap and turn him around. He began to throw up on the floor. There were people on either side of us, in front of us and behind us. And the smell began to permeate. I asked my husband to run and tell someone to come and clean it up. After sitting there for a while after my husband returned and nobody came back, we eventually just left that theater. Nobody showed. So we went to the next showing. (phew!) and that was honestly something I will never forget.

Today, I took miss Alexa to see her first movie. Only it was a movie for me, and not necessarily a kid movie. We saw "New in Town." But I have to report, that miss Alexa behaved herself quite well. She even helped me eat a hefty portion of a big bucket of popcorn. Because she listened, and because she sat quietly, I think I'm going to have to go again. Yay!





Yes, I know these pics aren't very good. I took them with my phone.

6 comments:

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

What a cutie!

I can't imagine the puking thing! Oh my goodness! Good thing Alexa kept it in!

Melissa said...

but they're still very cute pictures anyway! or maybe the subject is cute, so no matter how awful the quality of the photo, it would still be adorable!

funny story from Eddie's first movie! that's one he'll probably hear over and over again! LOL!

Angie's Spot said...

Cute pics! I tried to take my (then 2 yr old) to see the Polar Express a couple of years ago and it was a disaster. She freaked out about everything and of course, I had seated us in the top row of the theater. I'm thinking of trying again soon since she can now sit through a whole movie at home. However, it will be a LONG time before I try taking my youngest. She's a pistol!

Shannon said...

the first movie I took H to was Fiding Nemo... I think she was about 2. I can't remember what movie M saw the first time... or what movie it was!

Susan said...

Wow, good for Alexa. Mark has taken Austin to see The Polar Express and he loved it. Though he was a little restless. We haven't attempted another movie and that was last summer, but I think he would be fine now.

Melissa ♥ Spoiled Mommy said...

I was thinking about taking the Lil Princess to see a movie but have been scared-Im glad to know that things went smoothly for you.