Friday, January 2, 2009

It's 2009!

Hi. It's me Leslie. I've been abducted by aliens. I was bound and gagged by 3 slender white gooey noseless creatures. They took me to their mother ship and demanded to know more about the shopping habits of humans on the planet earth. It made sense to me that they would decide to steal me since I am well versed on the patterns of sales and have the uncanny knack to find deals and steals. I have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to shopping in the northern hemisphere. We discussed the sale Dillards has annually on January 1st. A whopping additional 50% off all sale items. They were immensely pleased with this information and decided to let me go. I was released just in time for me to enjoy the sale as well. I bought 2 sweaters, 4 tops, 2 pair of socks, one jacket, and two pair of shoes. I paid 20 dollars. OK. I'm totally kidding about that part. But I did get a good deal.

I'm sorry to all my fellow bloggy buddies out there, I've missed reading and knowing whats going on in your lives, and I missed blogging about my daily nonsense. I am going to try to be better. The holidays are officially over. I think. So I'm going to give myself a pass since I am not in my normal "place and space."

Anyway lately we have had 6 people sharing one bathroom. Good times. Good times. My dh is here and my step kids were also here for a short visit. So this life in this house, has been chaotic, loud, busy, non stop, and loud. Did I already say that? OK. It seems that we ate continuously. And then when we were done eating, we were having dessert. Once we were done with that, we talked about what we would eat the next day. I don't even want to see a scale. Really. The thought is horrifying. But I wouldn't mind seeing another slice of that marble cheesecake. Can someone say, yummy??

My step son Devon is now officially taller than me. It took him 15 years, but he has now reached and even surpassed 5"7". (Me) Alyssa is a beautiful young lady. Growing up way too fast I would have to say. I remember when I was 10. Time sure flies.

Let me share a few pics: Me and Corona. He feels very festive and merry. Even if his face suggests otherwise. He loves to dress up. I have other pictures to prove it.

My darling daughter Alexa.


Alexa and Alyssa. And if you must know, I've dreamt about naming my daughter Alexa since approximately the year 1988. It's true. So while Alyssa was born first, I had dibs on the name long before I ever knew or met her father. ((wink.))


Devon, Alyssa and Eddie at the front door. (mom's house) I can't explain why they are not smiling in this picture. Maybe it was because it was cold outside. Or perhaps daddy had just said that he was going to eat all of their candy. Or because they are related, and have that "I don't feel like smiling gene." Yes. That must be the reason. At any rate, here they are:

OK. That's all the pics I've got for now. I just wanted to get online and let you all know that I did manage to survive. Happy New Year! And belated Merry Christmas! I hope you all had nice holidays with your loved ones!

post signature

12 comments:

Dennis and Leslie said...

Oh thank God!! We were all sooo worried!! Good to hear you're alive, please don't let it go that long again!
(Remember me? Your friend, Leslie??? Of all your blogging friends, you should never forget me!!)

Miss you!

Melissa said...

hey girl!!! I've missed you! I do understand why you've been absent though, so you don't have to worry about getting grief from me, because I'm sure that if I were in your shoes I wouldn't go anywhere near the computer.

great pics! it was nice to see your step-children. Amazing how much Eddie looks like Devon! Alexa and Alyssa are so cute too!

Anonymous said...

From my phone! Woooohooo!
Loved the post! Happy to see it!
Missed you! Look for BB pics
tomorrow sometime between 10 and 3!

Love ya!

Vanessa Rogers said...

I am glad to hear you are having fun in the states. It makes me a little jealous. :)

Melissa ♥ Spoiled Mommy said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!
IM SOOOOOOO GLAD THAT YOU CAME BACK!
I have missed you oh so very much!
Here is the post about my camera...
http://www.spoiledmommy.com/my_life_my_story/2008/12/my-christmas-present.html
You have A LOT to read!!

I cant wait to hear more about all the excitement going on there!!
Happy New Year!!
Misses ya!!

Unknown said...

Hope you have a happy new year! You have a beautiful family. :)

Alicia W. said...

Gah lee, I have missed you girl. I know you have been having so much fun so I won't give you any more boo hoo's. :o) LOVE Corona's christmas attire, I laughed out loud on that one for sure. Great pics and Happy new year babe!

Mama Smurf said...

Right back at yah babe!

I was starting to wonder about you. So glad it was just aliens. ;)

Blended-Families.com said...

Hi, I didn't know aliens are cute ;-) It's great to know you are just in great shape as before.

Great pics. Best wishes for your family and your career. Happy New Year!

Shannon said...

Glad to hear from you!

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

No worries honey, I think we have all dwindled a bit over the holidays...I'm still hanging on and checking in!

happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Great Post! In spite of everything going on ~ it's still funny to read! hahahaha

So glad that those aliens gave you back. You are needed here!

Love ya!
Your Sis