Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Fireproof. See it.


I think the very first recommendation for this movie came from my brother. It came again from some of my dearest friends through an email. Fireproof was released on DVD at the end of January. I knew I didn't want to just rent it. So I bought it. And I am so glad that I did. I am going to share it with my husband when I get back to Chile. I think he will like it just as much as I have.

I am blogging about it because I truly believe in it. Everything that this movie has to say. It's right on. I think that if you have a husband, wife or are engaged, you too should be watching this movie. Sadly, in our country, there is an extremely high divorce rate. Marriages seem to be failing more and more, and it seems that people do not value marriage as they should.

Perhaps if they watched this movie, it might make them think a little harder. It might make them believe in fighting a little more. It really is worth it.

Oh, and to top it off, it stars Kirk Cameron, my all time love as I was growing up. I will never forget him in Growing Pains. I think I watched every single episode.

Do your marriage a favor, and go rent this movie.

6 comments:

Melissa ♥ Spoiled Mommy said...

I am def. going to rent this one!!
Miss ya!

Alicia W. said...

I have the book but have yet to read it. I have heard only good things about the movie and book.

Anonymous said...

Thanks going to go rent it. I agree with you that too many people just give up on thier marriages instead of fighting foe what they started in the first place. My hubby asked me to marry him 8 days after we started dating(5years after we met but not together)and we are now married going on 19 years. Love him to death can't see life with out him.
I also love Kirk!

Susan said...

I couldn't agree more. Mark and I saw it in the theaters on a date night. It was the best date we have had in a long time we were so glad that we saw the movie before dinner because we talked about it for hours afterward.
I think I may buy a copy so I can pass it around to all of my friends.

Julie said...

I want to see this movie! My husband is a firefighter and I love Kirk Cameron!

Laural Out Loud said...

I keep hearing about this movie. Since it's about FIRE, my husband might even be willing to watch it with me. As soon as I get back I think I'll rent it. Thanks for the recommendation!