Friday, March 6, 2009

My babies.

I think I may have mentioned that I took the kids to Target to get their pictures taken. They actually caught quite a few cute smiles. As I have looked over the pictures, I realize that my babies are not so little anymore. My first born is fast approaching 4. And my little girl just says the most amazing things every day.

For instance, today she barked out a string of orders to my father after they came in from outside. It went a little something like this: "Tito, you have to go outside and close the door on my playhouse, I left it open. And you have to close the windows too. You need to put the lid on my sandbox, it needs to be covered up. And bring my bucket and shovel inside. I want you to wash it in the sink with soap and water, so I can play with it inside."

I might not have believed it, but when I arrived home from running errands today, my mother handed me this typed up piece of paper. She wrote down every word so that she wouldn't forget everything Alexa had said. My dad was pretty surprised. I had to laugh. She sounds a little bossy. But you know what? Her grandpa took care of it. He closed the door to her playhouse, and closed the windows, covered her sandbox, and got her bucket & shovel and washed them off for her too. On the 18th of this month, she will be 2 and 1/2. Phew. Looks like someone is already taking charge!

Here are a few pictures from the photo session.

8 comments:

Alicia W. said...

One word = BEAUTIFUL!

Stephanie said...

ADORABLE!

Shannon said...

Cute pics! They do have sweet smiles!

And I love Alexa's outfit... I've thought about getting that same one for my youngest, too! She really likes the skirt.

Julie said...

Your kids are simply adorable!

Melissa said...

very cute!!!

Looks like someone went shopping at TCP! I LOVE THEIR NEW SPRING LINE!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Les;
Dad and I enjoyed Miss Alexa with her "orders". She is already in charge of everything, at such a young age. The photos are adorable but of course I am prejudiced, being the Nana and all.
These ages are so fleeting, glad you have captured them in photos.
Love ya;
Mom

Anonymous said...

OMG, they are so cute! I love them!

...tooooooo sweet!!!

Mama Smurf said...

They are seriously the cutest kids! Love Alexa's outfit btw.