Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Sand Mountain.

OK, so it really wasn't a mountain at all. It was more like a sand dune. But it was so much more fun telling it to two kids and trying to give them something to look forward to, on a really long drive. These dunes are located right off of I-8 about 15 miles from Yuma, AZ. and actually inside the California state lines. There was a place to pull off, so we did. I took these pictures on the way back from our recent trip to Disneyland.


Thankfully, it wasn't a huge dune. I actually had to sit down. My legs were killing me trying to climb up that sandy hill. It was also pretty windy. We had sand everywhere!

My view from the top......


And a look at our car from the top.


It always pays to stop and smell the roses. Or in this case, to climd a sand dune with your kids. I think Eddie loved it almost as much as his daddy did. (He's a big kid after all.) And Alexa, well not so much. She demanded that her daddy carry her.

5 comments:

Sybila said...

Hope everyone is feeling better today.
Love ya;
Mom

Melissa said...

we climbed up some pretty big sand dunes once when we were on vacation in Oregon, and I hear you on the burning legs!!! It's amazing what a good workout walking up a sand hill is!

Great pics as always! Your kids are just way too cute!

Unknown said...

Wow, the views are breathtaking! I love how she demanded daddy carry her :) So cute!

Blythe said...

Looks like everyone had fun! I remember going to a sand dune when I was a kid-- there was sand EVERYWHERE, but it was still great.

Ashley said...

FUN! Love all the photos!!

And I don't blame Alexa - I'm sure I would probably enjoy it more if someone carried me up the hill, too. :)