Sunday, April 26, 2009

Birthday Boy, Cake and a Storm Trooper.

So, as promised, here are a few pictures from this evening. My baby boy turned 4 today. I can hardly believe where the time has gone.

And thanks to the internet, we were able to have my family back in Tucson join us to sing happy birthday to Eddie. It was so sweet, the kids loved it.

Would you look at that face?? This boy has been asking non-stop for this storm trooper helmet. And by non-stop, I mean every single day. He loves loves loves Star Wars, Clone Wars, and storm troopers. Like I couldn't have ever imagined.

Here is my little storm trooper. Worth. Every. Penny. And then some. He is soo happy!

And lastly, I will leave you with a word on the cake. Whipped frosting, raspberry filling (in between layers) and yellow cake. Though I didn't share with you the details of Alexa's birthday cake when she turned two, I'd like to say that this one was better than the last. I was pleasantly surprised with it. It isn't exactly the same kind you would get at the bakery back home, but it is what they have here. And it was pretty good, not outstanding, but good.

So there you have it. I have a 4 year old and a 2 1/2 year old. And new toys to keep them both busy. Oh and cake. I think I hear it calling me.

7 comments:

Angie's Spot said...

My youngest (who just turned 3) asked for a computer every day for 2 months and was finally relieved when her Thomas laptop arrived 2 weeks ago. It's so funny how fixated they get on things, even at this age.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Eddie!
We enjoyed the party and seeing Eddie's excitement with his storm trooper helmet. Priceless!
Loved the part where we got to sing Happy Birthday to the Birthday Boy! Isn't it great to have web cams?
Glad everything was wonderful.
Love ya;
Mom

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Eddie!

You look way cool in your Storm Trooper helmet!!!!

And your cake looks delish! :o)

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

Yeah for webcams! What a fun birthday!

Vanessa Rogers said...

I remember always being disappointed with the desserts! Always!

Alicia W. said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet Eddie! So glad he had a fantastic time and that cake is to die for! YUM

Tania said...

Oh my gosh I'm so behind on your blog! Did you move to Chile or are you visiting? Sorry about not getting back to you about the yarn for those gloves you wanted! Do you still want them?