Monday, April 13, 2009

Let there be silence.

I am beside myself with happiness. Both of my children are napping. Honest. I think it helps to have their own rooms. I'm not sure if Eddie's sickness should be taken into account or not, but I'm just going to be thankful that they both went down without a hassle. Mommy too got some much needed sleep. You see, I'm still not over being sick myself.

I'm contemplating dinner right now. And as you can clearly see, I'm blogging instead. Dh called from work to chat, and he offered to cook. Who could turn that down? Really.

The concierge called up here a little while ago. I have no idea what he wanted. He spoke very very fast. Then when he realized that he got a hold of the non-bilingual wife residing in this apartment, he asked for my husband. I told him that he wasn't here. He sounded disappointed. "oh, ok." And that was that.

I think I will venture out tomorrow. I need to check the embassy for some packages I am expecting. A certain little boy is inching closer to his 4th birthday (April 26) and I am waiting on some presents that I had ordered for him.

OK, must go be domestic. Or maybe I will just go and eat some chocolate creme oreos.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

WOW! Kendra hasn't napped in a VERY long time! That surely would be heaven if both kids were napping at the same time!

Yay for dh cooking supper! I would love it if mine would call from work and say that he was making dinner tonight!

Get better soon!

Blythe said...

The real question is, though, will he clean up too?

Glad you got a few moments of peace, and I hope you are all feeling better soon!

Unknown said...

I'm on for the chocolate creme oreos!!!! My favorite!
I'm glad you got some quiet and some rest!!!
I was so happy to talk to the kiddos today!!! They are so sweet.
I pet their horse for them! Yes, I do, when I go out to check the mail - maybe it's just a reflex to make sure he is turned off! LOL

love ya!!!

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

Go for the oreos! :)

Ashley said...

Glad to hear everyone is getting some sleep...

Mmmmmm..... Oreos

Dennis and Leslie said...

So glad to hear you're back in Chili, with your husband...AND he's offering to cook dinner? Wow.

Anonymous said...

I had to check out ANY blog with a name like yours! Now that I can relate to :)

Sybila said...

I know you appreciate a husband who can cook as good as yours does.
Hope you all are feeling better.
Love ya;
Mom