Sunday, April 12, 2009

Chile, take two.

We arrived in Santiago on Wednesday morning just after 7 am. Corona made the trip, and seems to be in good spirits. We were given a bit of a hard time at the airport with him. I had the necessary immunizations done for him, including rabies and his current health certificate. Documented. But apparently the paperwork that we had with us was not satisfactory for them. The lady had to call supervisors and spend a lot of time on the phone talking about how we didn't have the right paperwork. I happened to have a receipt with the list of immunizations he received and they seemed to be ok with that. They let us leave with our cat, but minus the cat food.

I wish I could say that we had a lovely weekend. But that would be a total lie. I have had a fever for the past couple of days. A terrible cough and I'm very congested. Much of the last 4 days has been spent in bed. And today, when I feel a smidge better, my son now has a fever and I am trying to keep him and his sister apart. Though I fear that the germs we all have, may have been shared already.

So. No fun things this weekend. I just hope to get us all well. Just wanted to post that I am back in Chile.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad your kitty made it with you!

But I'm so sorry you're sick, sweetie :( Sending you (((hugs))) and some get well hugs!

Melissa said...

welcome "home"! Glad you made it safe and sound, but sorry you're sick!

Sybila said...

Hope you are feeling better tomorrow as you read this.
Love;
Mom

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

Glad you made it back safe (and with Corona!). I am looking forward to more Chilean adventures.

Laural Out Loud said...

They wouldn't let you take the cat food? What did they think you were hiding in it, for heaven's sake? So strange.

Every time we've flown home, it seems to take such a long time to get settled again, including getting sick. I think airplanes zap our immune systems. Hope you all get better soon!

Ashley said...

Good luck getting adjusted back in Chile again. Hopefully you'll be feeling better soon.

Tania said...

Feel better soon!