Monday, December 3, 2007

Monday.

So, I took some pictures of my kids last night. And I'm even more convinced that I need that Nikon D40. My mom has a Canon digital rebel. I helped my dad pick it out last Christmas. I was salivating all over the box. Seriously. I'm jealous and I really want one of those too. But anyway, I get to take pictures with it when I go over there. And last night, I just picked it up and went crazy. I took pictures of everything. It was so much fun. I imagine if it had been daylight, the pictures would have turned out soooo much better. I had to delete a whole bunch because the lighting was bad. Also because the kids were running non stop and I got many of them in motion. Which that too makes for a cool picture. Anyway, I'm so in love the digital SLR cameras. And I don't yet know all the features and what they do. I just know that they are frikkin' awesome and I NEED one. Maybe I was a photographer in a past life? I don't know, but I just had so much fun last night taking pictures.. I think I would take even more pictures if my camera took pics like hers did! But here is the camera that I currently have my eye on. Nikon D40 I heard it from a source that this particular item is going on super SALE, on December 4th. Online with free shipping and no tax. (thanks to the military!). And I am ALL IN!!! These cameras start out being expensive. Shoot, I'd love to have the 10 MP one, but that one is just a wee out of my price range at this time. So, I'm going to stick with the 6.1. Still, I've read the reviews, and I've seen the pictures that it takes. I'm impressed, to say the least.

So, if I'm not mistaken, the sale starts tomorrow. {{{{clapping like a wild woman}}}} And this is going to be my Christmas present from dh. Only, he doesn't know it yet.

Here are a just a few of my favorites from last night. First I will start with a graphic I made on PSP. (paint shop pro 9)

Ok, I particularly like this picture. For two reasons: #1 It's cute, and my daughter is just too cute doing this. #2 It shows that she is imitating the behaviors that she sees. That being of me doing yoga. If you aren't at all versed in the techniques of Yoga, it's truly bizarre. They have you twisting and turning into insanely unnatural positions that are meant to push you right up to your breaking point. Or just until you fall over, and I do mean falling over. Literally. Because no matter how easy they look. They aren't. Trust me. So Alexa sees me assuming the "downward dog" position, and guess what, so can she! And ever since I started, she has loved this position. I honestly did not make this up. Here is an actual photo from the online Yoga Journal. This stuff is for real. It's supposed to help you with your balance. Or something like that. But this is way cuter......Alexa in downward dog:

And take a look at this smile. This is the reason she gets whatever she wants.

And one of my favorites of Eddie. Although the lighting is far from perfect, it truly captures his personality. If you know Eddie, then you know this is how he is most of the time. Cracking up, silly, laughing. He's a stinker!

post signature

0 comments: