Wednesday, June 17, 2009

WW, Confession and a shelf.

So, yesterday was my birthday. And I 'claimed' that I would not eat cake. I need to confess. Though I told my husband not to buy me a birthday cake, I did allow him to buy me a slice of cake. This came from the bakery down the road, it's ONE slice of black forest cake. And though it was still cake, it wasn't a WHOLE cake, which would equate to me eating a piece of it every single day until it was gone. This one is already gone, and was enjoyed very much!


And I may or may not have posted this picture here before, but I know I've talked about IKEA stores and their stuff. Well, about 31 days ago, we received some items that I ordered from them. And as I was putting together the shelf, I noticed that the very last piece was broken. I called them up, and thankfully they have an excellent customer service department. They immediately sent out the broken piece. It did take a while, as we are in another country, and the address I had it sent to was kind of a "back door" way for us to get things here.


Here is the finished product. I received the piece and was able to finish it up in about 5 minutes from the point where it was in the above picture. The kids absolutely LOVE it! And so do I! Way to go IKEA for having such good service and awesome products!



For more WW posts please visit 5 Minutes for Mom, Seven Clown Circus, and the Mostly Wordless Wednesday H.Q.

12 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Don't you just love IKEA. My daughter (28) and I will just go there for the day and see what's new. (So you ate cake)

Lindy said...

The cake looks yummy! I love IKEA but never get to go as there are none close by! But when we are traveling, sometimes we will change our route if there is one nearby. Happy WW!

Ace said...

Hope you had a great birthday! That piece of cake looks AMAZING.

Susan Cook said...

Happy belated birthday. That's a good idea, just to get one piece of cake. Love the storage organizers, I need some of those.

Thanks for sharing. Happy WW!

Sara Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday!! That cake looks so yummy.

I adore IKEA.

Happy WW from Sara @ the Mostly Wordless Wednesday H.Q.!

Sybila said...

Glad dh got you a piece of birthday cake--looks good. Also glad that IKEA got you the piece that was broken, good for them.
Wise company to keep their customers happy. Need a trip to IKEA myself, maybe when you get here next month we can go.
Kids look happy to have their toy shelf put together, by the smiles on their faces.
Love;
Mom

Alicia W. said...

GIVE ME that cake NOW! OMG that looked devine.

YAY for the shelves being put together.. they look fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Yummy cake! And someone was just telling me about IKEA. I'm gonna have to go check it out. I love those shelves!

Anonymous said...

We just got an IKEA and I really need to go check it out. I'd DEVOUR that cake, then work out like crazy lol.

Muthering Heights said...

Happy birthday! Your shelf looks great!

Mouthy Housewife said...

we highly recommend you send the rest of that cake TO US!


JESSICA: TMH

www.thegraduatepapers.com said...

the cake looks pretty delicious and the kind are amazing! Hope you are doing well there and say hello to your children!